McLean WinterFest in its 5th year…
bigger and better than ever!
Holiday parade will be on Sunday, December 2nd
McLean, Va. - Mark your calendars for McLean’s only community parade Sunday, Dec. 2. It’s fun to relive last year’s parade with the slideshow of entries and see the growing list of sponsors for this year’s festivities when you go to the web site, www.mcleanwinterfest.org.
WinterFest again this year will present a check to Share of McLean, the local organization that does so much to help families in need. “We’re asking residents to share their good fortune with those who have fallen on hard times by bringing grocery, pharmacy or clothing store gift cards to the parade that Share volunteers will collect,” explained Trish Butler, chair of the parade steering committee.
What’s new about WinterFest in this its fifth year? Food trucks and pizza by the slice from Naked Pizza! There will also be a tent in the Langley Shopping Center near the stage where the 495 Express Lanes team will be available to provide information and answer questions about the Express Lanes. Attendees will also be able to pick up an E-ZPass or E-ZPass Flex.
Here’s more information about this year’s parade:
- Our parade route will be the same as last year’s: Old Chain Bridge Road from Fleetwood Road to Elm Street. The parade route will be closed from 3:00 to 6:15 PM on Dec 2. Please plan ahead for this.
- There is still no fee to be an entry in the parade. But you must register before November 16th!
- WinterFest 2012 will have food trucks this year along the parade route.
- Free popcorn from Cardinal Bank and hot beverages courtesy of Giant and McLean Pharmacy.
- Peggy Fox from WUSA/Channel 9 will again call the parade for us from the Fairfax County Showmobile situated in Langley Shopping Center.
- The pre-parade entertainment begins at 3:15 PM.
- The parade will step off at 4:00 PM sharp.
- This year we’ll have more marchers and more floats!
For more information on WinterFest, go to the website at www.mcleanwinterfest.org or contact the parade committee at 703-917-0611.