Best Blogs: Avoiding Stress During the Holidays and More
What are your McLean neighbors blogging about this week?
Did you miss some of the blogs this week on McLean Patch? Each week, we'll round them up in one convenient place for you.
And while we have your attention, are you interested in blogging for Patch? Are you an expert in your field? Are you passionate about your hobby? Our readers are interested in everything from national security to needlepoint. Apply online now.
Here are the highlights from blogs that ran this past week.
- Jackie Johnson, a professional organizer, offers tips to make the holiday season go as smoothly as possible.
- "Get wish list from each family member, plan with other family member's before gift buying so you're not over spending & duplicating."
- "Play Holiday music while decorating."
- "Bake cookies ahead & freeze."
- Read the full post here.
- Bill Corbett of the McLean Photography Club sings the praises of Margaret Huddy, a former club president and a talented photographer.
- "Albeit she is a past president and longtime competitions chair at the club, Margaret is not fanatical about f-stops; she is not a fiend at Photoshop; darkroom chemicals don’t land on her clothes. As a photographer, she does one thing, and she does it well. She sees."
- Read the full post and check out some of her photography here.
Would you like all the local McLean news delivered to your inbox every morning in one convenient email? (Think of it as the digital version of a daily newspaper). Sign up for the McLean Patch newsletter here. It's free and easy.