On Tuesday, students from Cooper Middle School in McLean assembled hygiene kits to send to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The kits included hand towels, wash clothes, combs, nail clippers, soap, a tootbrush and bandages.
Here's what a few students had to say about the activity:
- “I feel happy that we did this because I know that these packages are going to a good place and that I’m helping the community,” Ellie Buckley, 8th grade.
- “This lets people know that even though we are kids, we can still make a difference,” Elizabeth Bucy, 8th grade.
- “The way we packed the supplies was like an assembly line which made the process go faster,” Sarah Van Houten, 8th grade.
- “This whole operation inspires me because it is co cool to know that you are helping people and making a difference,” Colin Dunne, 8th grade.
- “What happened is so sad because when you think of things like this, it makes you imagine the things others are going through. You feel bad that you lost power temporarily, they lost houses permanently,” Gordon Rissing, 7th grade.