Get Out: Post-Thanksgiving Weekend Activities
Put up the leftovers and get out of the house! There's plenty to do in and around McLean this weekend.
- Where/When: The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 9859 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls. (Next to Long and Foster)
- Why Go: For parents of small children, a trip to visit Santa in December is an obligatory rite of passage. Get it over with early this year and spare yourself some money! These photos are free!
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Shopping starts at midnight on Friday at Tysons Corner Center. A complete list of mall hours for Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria are published here.
- Why Go: Sure, there are several reasons to avoid malls this weekend. But here are a few reasons why you might want to take advantage of Black Friday - Burn off those Thanksgiving calories. Cross a few items off your shopping list. Get a break from a packed house of relatives. Score a great deal. Interested yet?
- Pricing: That's up to you.
- Where/When: The event runs at small businesses throughout McLean all day Saturday.
- Why Go: We can't mention Black Friday without plugging Small Business Saturday. There are a ton of local gift shops in McLean that need your business this holiday season. Check out the list online.
- Pricing: Also, totally up to you.
- Where/When: Brunch starts at 11:30 a.m. Sunday at Lebanese Taverna, inside Tysons Galleria, 1840 International Dr., McLean.
- Why Go: By the time Sunday rolls around, the last thing you're going to be in the mood for is turkey and stuffing.
- Pricing: Unlimited Plates - $24.95 per adult, $12.95 per child or order mezzas a la carte with prices ranging from from $4.00 - $9.00 each.
- Where/When: Evening shows start at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday night. The matinee performance starts at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. All performances will be held at The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW, Washington.
- Why Go: According to The Kennedy Center's website, "Megan Hilty, known as triple-threat Ivy Lynn on NBC's hit Smash, pays tribute to the music of Frank Sinatra, as well as the Rat Pack, Ella Fitzgerald, and Etta James, with Aaron Lazar in NSO Pops concerts led by Steven Reineke."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $20-$85.
What are your post-Thanksgiving weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there!
Would you like all the local McLean news delivered to your inbox every morning in one convenient email? (Think of it as the digital version of a daily newspaper). Sign up for the McLean Patch newsletter here. It's free and easy.