McLean Community Players Earn 7 WATCH Nominations
ESP's production of "Deathtrap" received six nominations.
The McLean Community Players have been nominated for seven Washington Area Theatre Community Honors (WATCH) awards.
The nominations for the 13th annual WATCH awards were announced Sunday at the Little Theatre of Alexandria. They encompassed 126 productions by 33 local theater companies, including 43 musicals and 83 plays, which were adjudicated for the awards in 2012 season.
MCP's production of “Deathtrap” received six nominations. The players were also nominated for best stage combat choreography for "Man of La Mancha."
Nearby, the Reston Community Players received 15 WATCH nominations. Herndon's Elden Street Players earned 10 nominations.
A full list of nominations can be found below.
McLean Community Players WATCH Nominations
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play - Lois A. Stanziani as "Helga ten Dorp" - Deathtrap
- Outstanding Light Design in a Play - Bob Zeigler - Deathtrap
- Outstanding Properties in a Play - Emily Besuden, Jerry Gideon, Dick La Porte - Deathtrap
- Outstanding Set Construction in a Play - Bernie Gmiter, Bob Schroth, Bill Glikbarg - Deathtrap
- Outstanding Set Decoration in a Play - Dinnie Whitson, Cathy Farnsworth, Christine Whitson -Deathtrap
- Outstanding Stage Combat Choreography - Carl Brandt Long - Deathtrap
- Outstanding Stage Combat Choreography - Carl Brandt Long - Man of La Mancha
The WATCH Award Ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. March 17 at The Birchmere in Alexandria.
Tickets for the awards are $15.50 at the Birchmere box office. They are also available through Ticketmaster with an additional service charge.
For more information on the nominations, tickets to the WATCH awards and more, visit http://www.washingtontheater.org.
Find McLean Patch via: