McLean Crime Blotter: Christmas Presents Stolen
A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police. Where an arrest is mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean Police District, which includes Merrifield, Dunn Loring, Falls Church, McLean, Tysons Corner and Great Falls, during the week ending Dec. 26.
- DIRECTED PATROL, 12/22/12. Seven officers searched the McLean police district for drunk drivers. Three drivers were charged with DWI. Fourteen traffic summonses and 25 warnings were issued. One person was charged with possession of marijuana.
- ASSAULT, 1200 block of Kensington Road, 12/22/12, 12:35 a.m. Officers were called to a party where someone was belligerent. When officers attempted to speak with the suspect, he allegedly attacked them. A conducted energy weapon was used to subdue him. Ronald Craig, 43, of Colorado, was charged with two counts of assault on a police officer.
- BURGLARY/FRAUD, 600 block of Potomac River Road, 12/22/12, 12:45 p.m. A resident reported someone entered their home and stole a purse. Credit cards from the purse were used by the suspect(s). Entry was made through an unlocked door.
- BURGLARY, 7900 block of Ashton Street, 12/22/12, 7:15 p.m. A resident reported someone entered the home stole several items to include jewelry. Entry was made through an unlocked rear window.
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, bag from business
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, cell phone from business
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, Christmas presents from vehicle
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, wallet from business
- 7300 block of Dartford Drive, airbag from vehicle
- 3000 block of Ellenwood Drive, tools from vehicle
- 6900 block of Espey Lane, wallet from vehicle
- 2900 block of Gallows Road, bag from business
- 3000 block of Gate House, laptop computer from vehicle
- 7000 block of Georgetown Pike, purse from vehicle
- 8100 block of Lee Highway, bottle of liquor from business
- 6600 block of Malta Lane, cash and jewelry from vehicle
- 2800 block of Merrilee Drive, tool kit from business
- 2100 block of Toronto Street, jewelry from residence
- 1600 block of Westwind Way, car parts from vehicle
- 3000 block of Williams Drive, cell phone from business
Animal Control Division - Countywide
- ANIMAL WELFARE, 5700 block of Cedar Walk, 12/24/12, 7:50 p.m. Animal Control Officers checked on the welfare of two dogs. The conditions were satisfactory for the dogs. The owner, Ho Kang, 32, of Centreville, however, was charged for not having a current rabies vaccination nor dog license.