McLean Crime Blotter: Police Patrol for Drunk Drivers in McLean District
A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police. Where an arrest is mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean Police District (Merrifield, Dunn Loring, Falls Church, McLean, Tyson’s Corner, and Great Falls) during the week ending Dec. 19.
- DIRECTED PATROL, 12/13/12. Officers patrolled in the McLean Police District searching for drunk drivers. One driver was charged with DWI. Ten traffic summons and twenty-three warnings were issued. Additionally, two criminal charges were issued.
- ROBBERY, 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, 12/13/12, 8:15 p.m. A victim reported she arranged to go shopping with a friend. The friend brandished a handgun, demanded the victim’s money, and fled with cash. The victim was not injured.
- BURGLARY, 9400 block of Lee Highway, 12/16/12, 6:25 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several laptop computers. Entry was made through an unlocked front door.
- UNLAWFUL ENTRY, 6300 block of Nelway Drive, 12/16/12, 3:15 p.m. A resident reported someone entered the home but nothing was taken. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
- ROBBERY, Lee Highway/Porter Road, 12/16/12, 11 p.m. The victim was walking along Lee Highway when someone asked him for a light. A second suspect grabbed the victim from behind. Both suspects fled with the victim’s wallet.
- UNLAWFUL ENTRY, 7300 block of Robert Lane, 12/17/12, 12:15 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the home but nothing was stolen. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
- 7600 block of Burnside Court, cell phone from residence
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, several watches from business
- 6800 block of Dean Drive, video, digital camera, dvd player and cash from vehicle
- 1800 block of Dolley Madison, copper bars and cables from construction site
- 2700 block of Graham Road, laptop computer from business
- 2800 block of Greenway Boulevard, bag from vehicle
- 6400 block of Hitt Avenue, tag from vehicle
- 2000 block of International Drive, bag from business
- 2800 block of Lee Oaks Place, cell phone from business
- 8300 block of Leesburg Pike, coats and jackets from business
- 1800 block of Old Meadow Road, purse from vehicle
- Scotts Crossing Road/Capital One Drive, copper wiring from construction site
- 7900 block of Tysons Corner Center, cell phone from business
- 8100 block of Tysons Corner, wallets from business
Animal Control Division - Countywide
- ANIMAL BITE, 2900 block of Espana Court, 12/15/12, 5 p.m. A mail-carrier was allegedly bitten while on delivery by a medium sized dog. The dog was routinely quarantined and Guyla Mhoon, 40, of Fairfax, was charged with having an unlicensed dog.