McLean Crime Blotter: Aug. 16-22
A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police
Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean area during the week ending Aug. 22.
BURGLARY, 2500 block of Stuart Place, 8/16/12, 7:30 p.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several items to include a computer and television. It was unclear how entry was made.
ROBBERY, 2900 block of Kings Chapel Road, 8/16/12, 8:30 p.m. A cab driver picked up two passengers in Washington, DC who brandished a handgun and demanded he take them to the victim’s home. At the home, they took all his cash and demanded a ride back to Washington. The 50-year-old victim was not injured.
VEHICLE PURSUIT, 8/19/12, 3:10 a.m. An officer initiated a traffic stop in the area of Arlington Boulevard and Annandale Road. The vehicle did not stop and continued onto I495 and into Maryland over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. The pursuit ended at the bridge and resumed when the vehicle re-entered Virginia. Upon returning to Virginian, the vehicle and was stopped by officers in the 6700 block of Bostwick Drive. Romer Ortuno-Rioja, 27, of Springfield, was charged with reckless driving, speed to elude, and driving on a suspended license. Natalia Teran Zambrana, 19, of Annandale and Dinora Rodriguez, 19, of Springfield were each charged with illegal possession of alcohol.
- CDs from business on Arlington Boulevard
- License plate from vehicle on Carlton Place
- Cell phone from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Merchandise from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Tools from vehicle on Chain Bridge Road
- Purse from business at Galleria at Tysons II
- Wallet from business on Gallows Road
- Cell phone from business on Gallows Road
- Flagstone and stone material from business on Lee Highway
- Tires and wheels from vehicle on Leesburg Pike
- Air conditioner unit from business on Leesburg Pike
- Cash from vehicle on Memory Court
- Gaming system from business on Old Dominion Drive
- Subwoofers from vehicle on Random Run Lane
- Merchandise from business at Tysons Corner Center
- Tools from vehicle at Tysons Corner Center
- Leather jacket from business at Tysons Corner Center
- Two pairs of jeans from business at Tysons Corner Center
Animal Control Division — Countywide
RABIES VECTOR, 5500 block of Willow Valley Road, 8/16/12, 8:30 a.m. Animal Control officers were called following a fight between a dog and a skunk. The German Shorthaird Pointer is kept outside and killed the skunk. The skunk will be tested for rabies. The dog received a booster shot and not injured.
MALTREAT ANIMAL, 8100 block of Colony Point Road, 8/17/12, 2:40 p.m. Animal Control officers took charge of a brown/white Pit Bull mix dog. The dog was left attached to pole with food and water, and, following several attempts, the owner could not be found.
ANIMAL SERVICE, 1100 block of Cedrus Lane, 8/18/12, 4:20 p.m. A dog owner called to report two of his dogs fought a raccoon. The owner killed the raccoon. The two Rat Terriers were not injured and routinely quarantined. Animal Control officers took the raccoon for rabies testing.
CRUELTY TO ANIMAL, 11800 block of Spectrum Center, 8/21/12, 4:15 a.m. Animal Control officers were alerted to a young American Pit Bull tied to a sign in front of a store. The owner could not be identified and the dog was taken to the shelter.