McLean Weekend Planner: Live Music, Free Music and More
Need ideas to get your weekend going? Look no further.
- When/Where: The tasting starts at noon Saturday at Chain Bridge Cellars 1351 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: If last-minute mall shopping has your nerves a litte frayed, stop by Chain Bridge Cellars on Saturday afternoon for a little free vino.
- Pricing: Free to attend. Wine prices vary.
- When/Where: The concert starts at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Vienna Baptist Church, 541 Marshall Road SW, Vienna.
- Why Go: "Come join Vienna Choral Society as we share the warmth of the holidays with a concert of Christmas music from the British Isles. Gorgeous music in a beautiful setting, with hot cocoa and cookies. What better way to spend a December afternoon?"
- Pricing: Tickets are $20.
- When/Where: Performances start at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at The Kennedy Center. Matinee performances are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Why Go: According to The Kennedy Center's website, "The classic holiday movie White Christmas comes to the stage at last! This brand new musical shines with classic Irving Berlin hits like 'Blue Skies,' 'How Deep is the Ocean?,' and, of course, the unforgettable title song."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $39 to $150.
- When/Where: The festivities start at 10 p.m. Friday Jammin' Java, 227 Maple Ave. E, Vienna
- Why Go: Come listen to live music and where your ugliest Christmas sweater. Prizes include free merchandise, free tickets to an upcoming show at Jammin Java, and more!
- Pricing: Tickets are $15.
What are your weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.