McLean Weekend Planner: WinterFest Parade, 30th Annual Craft Show
Need ideas to get your weekend going? Look no further.
- Where/When: The parade starts at 4 p.m. Sunday and will run on Old Chain Bridge Road from Fleetwood Road to Elm Street.
- Why Go: It's that time of year again! This is McLean's only community parade of the whole year. Don't miss this family friendly event. We've heard Santa might be stopping by...
- Pricing: Free to attend.
- Where/When: The sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Old Firehouse, 1440 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: If you pre-ordered a tree by Nov. 26, you'll want to pick it up this Saturday - don't forget to bring $35 worth of food, along with your order receipt and payment. AV Remodeling & Construction will also be accepting donations - even if you didn't order a tree. Please feel free to stop by just to donate. All items will benefit Share of McLean.
- Pricing: Free to donate. Tree pre-orders were $35.
- Where/When: The class runs from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday at Capital Photography Center, 8401 Westpark Dr., McLean.
- Why Go: "For those wanting to take their SLR cameras off “Auto” and learn how to use the manual exposure modes to control of the “look” of their image."
- Pricing: The course costs $60.
- Where/When: The bazaar will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 6422 Linway Terrace, McLean.
- Why Go: "St. John's annual Christmas Bazaar, in the St. John Academy Gym, is a great place to shop for Advent Items and Christmas presents for the whole family while enjoying our schedueld entertainment (boys & girls choirs and strolling carolers dressed in Victorima garb.). We will have two raffles; a 50/50 and one for a piece of art. For sale: adult & specialty children's jewelry, books, seasonal decor, ornaments, (secular and religious), paintings, German nutcrackers, sweets, hand knit and hand sewn items for young and old and much more. Our thrift shop will have slightly used items at great prices. Lunch available. All proceeds go will benefit the St. John's Women's Council philanthropic endeavors."
- Pricing: Free to attend.
- Where/When: The event will be held at the McLean Community Center from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Why Go: According to the MCC website, "80 fine artisans from across the country convene for this highly-regarded and much- anticipated juried show. This show features fiber arts, wood, ceramics and pottery, jewelry, glass, holiday decor, items for children, gourmet foods, paper art, photography, soft sculpture, paintings and drawings and more!"
- Pricing: Admission is $2 for adults and $1 for children 12 and under.
What are your weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.
Would you like all the local McLean news delivered to your inbox every morning in one convenient email? (Think of it as the digital version of a daily newspaper). Sign up for the McLean Patch newsletter here. It's free and easy.