A Look Back at the Top Stories in McLean
Here's what happened this past week...
In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around our neighborhood this week.
- Report: D.C. Traffic Lightest Friday Mornings, Heaviest Friday Afternoons. New report gives insight into area traffic patterns.
- Tax Break on School Supplies. Virginia's annual back-to-school tax break is this weekend. It's time to stock up on school supplies.
- The McLean Ear. President Obama and Virginia Gov. McDonnell visit McLean looking for campaign donations.
- Massive New Development Proposed for McLean Station. Capital One shares plans for redeveloping 26 acres as part of the new Tysons Corner.
- Obituary for Douglas Schneiderman. Avid cook, dedicated cyclist, McLean developer who was killed in a traffic accident in East Hampton.
- McLean Weekly Crime Report.
- Higher Costs for Undergrounding Downtown Utilities. The project is expected to cost an additional $1 million.