In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "Salona Park Task Force Continues to Review Public Comment" Dranesville District Supervisor John Foust said hundreds of comments were submitted at a public meeting more than two weeks ago.
- "Ask the Supervisor: Submit Your Questions to John Foust" Do you have a question you've always been dying to ask? We'll get it answered for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to submit a question to Supervisor Foust.
- "McLean High Band Kicks Off Fruit Sales" Band members are selling Florida oranges, grapefruit and other items to raise money for their group.
- "McLean High To Host Discussion on Teen Depression" Virginia Department of Health statistics indicate a teenager commits suicide in Northern Virginia, on average, once every four months.
- "Update: Moran's Son Resigns From Campaign Following 'Error in Judgment'" Patrick Moran said he resigned in an email Wednesday.
- "McLean Community Center Board Eyes Multi-Million Dollar Upgrades" The governing board of the McLean Community Center is considering renovation and expansion of the Ingleside Drive facility.
- "Election 2012: Virginia Constitutional Amendments" Voters will decide on changes to eminent domain law and the General Assembly's veto session scheduling on November's ballot.
- "Update: Arlington Police Looking Into 'Every Component' of Moran Video" Patrick Moran, son of U.S. Rep. Jim Moran, resigned from father's reelection campaign Wednesday. Police began a criminal investigation of Patrick Moran on Thursday.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: Evo Bistro, Sweet Stuff, Nourish Market"In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "Powell Throws Support Behind Obama" Colin Powell, a McLean resident, endorsed President Obama during a television appearance this week.