Week in Review: Photos from WinterFest Parade, Holiday Homes Tour and More
A look back at the top stories in McLean from Dec. 3-7
In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "PHOTOS: McLean Winterfest 2012" The Mclean Winterfest parade was a hit with the community and good times were had by all.
- "McLean Arrests: Teens Charged With Assault, Marijuana Possession"
- "Parents: New FCPS Leader Should Maximize Limited Budget, Show Respect" Tuesday forum in McLean was second in series of community meetings this week about replacing retiring Fairfax County Public Schools Superintendent Jack Dale.
- "Officials to Explore Smoking Ban on Fairfax County Property" County attorneys will explore legality of measures to discourage county employees from smoking.
- "Citizens Association Concerned About Franklin Area Development" The lot is being developed by Tradition Homes.
- "Chipotle Officially Opens in Downtown McLean" The "fast casual" restaurant sells tacos and big burritos, as well as salads and burrito bowls.
- "Fairfax Board Defers Vote on Tysons Tax District" Supervisors needed "time to digest" testimony after Tuesday's public hearing.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: New Chipotle Inspected" In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "Celebrating Hanukkah 2012 in McLean" Celebrate the Festival of Lights in McLean with fun events and delicious recipes.
- "Rep. Moran, Others Urge GSA to Move FBI to Northern Virginia" Lawmakers ask GSA to consider the area, noting that many FBI employees already live in Northern Virginia.
- "PHOTOS: Highlights from the 2012 McLean Holiday Homes Tour" Four elegant homes in the River Oaks neighborhood were on display during the McLean Woman's Club 46th Annual Holiday Homes Tour.
- "MCA Board Offers County Budget Advice" At monthly meeting Wednesday, board urges Fairfax Supervisors to focus on key revenue drivers, establish independent audit office for the school board.