Weekend Guide: Cat Adoptions, Wine Tasting
Eat at Wildfire to benefit Food for Others, and other looks at what's happening Jan. 11 to 13 in and around McLean.
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are five picks in and around McLean:
1. Free Wine Tasting at 3 p.m. Friday at Chain Bridge Cellars. The shop says "Every Friday, stop by Chain Bridge Cellars to sample selected wines - maybe they're new arrivals we want to show you ... or the latest great value wine we've discovered."
2. Cat Adoptions Saturday at PetMAC with VIP Rescue: Follow the link to see which cats are available during this week's free adoption period, from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at 822 N Kenmore St, Arlington, Va.
3. C2 Education is opening in Vienna, and will have a grand opening event from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at the shop at 527 Maple Ave E. It invites residents to come learn about its tutoring services and enjoy food and drink.
4. Balducci's Wine Event all day Saturday at Balducci's Food Lover's Market, 6655 Old Dominion Dr, Mc Lean,Va. The shop says "Whether you're an expert sommelier or a novice just learning the art, our wine events are not to be missed. Join professional winemakers, importers, and aficionados as they sample various wines, trade recommendations, and just share stories about their mutual passions. Always guaranteed to be fun and informative!"
5. Wildfire in Tysons Galleria concludes its week-long fifth birthday celebration Saturday with a birthday menu for $20.07 in honor of its opening year, 2007. It will also be offering birthday cake pancakes during weekend brunch. A portion of Saturday's proceeds will also benefit Food for Others.