Weekend Planner: Madonna, Clarendon Day and More
The weekend is only one day away. How are you going to spend it?
- Where/When: Club Night starts at 7 p.m. Friday at Caffe Amouri, 107 Church St. NE, Vienna.
- Why Go: "CLUB NIGHT - it's laid back, fun for the entire family. We bring down our records from the wall (or you can dust off your old vinyl and bring it in), break out some board games and just kick back and have some fun. Come with friends or make new ones."
- Pricing: Free to attend. Menu prices vary.
- Where/When: The concerts starts at 8 p.m. on Sunday and Monday at the Verizon Center in Washington.
- Why Go: In a New York Times review of the concert tour, "And the concert is less a story than an excellent excuse for extravagant, perpetually surprising production numbers involving more than three dozen performers, while it turns some of Madonna’s past hits inside out."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $48 to $358
- Where/When: The festival runs from 11 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. near the Clarendon metro station.
- Why Go: "The 15th annual Clarendon Day street festival promises music, craft exhibitors, food and more again this Saturday."
- Pricing: Free to attend. Vendor prices vary.
- Where/When: The events starts at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at The Kennedy Center in Washington.
- Why Go: The competition "is hailed as the most prestigious jazz competition in the world...The evening's co-hosts will include Herbie Hancock and Thelonious Monk, Jr. George Duke will serve as the evening's musical director."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $50 to $75.
- Where/When: Dolley Madison Community Library, 1244 Oak Ridge Ave., McLean. The event starts at 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Why Go: "Find out about proper Victorian etiquette and how dress and accessories dictated how a lady should act. Program features a collection of 19th century shoes, stockings, gloves, bonnets, fans, umbrellas and more! Presented by Caroline Hottenstein. Call 703-356-0770 to register."
- Pricing: Free!
What are your weekend plans? If you'd care to share in the comments section, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.