1. Spy at Night
- Where/When: International Spy Museum, 800 F St. NW, Washington, D.C. The event is scheduled from 6 to 11 p.m. Friday.
- Why Go: Indulge your inner James Bond (cocktails included) at this monthly event. "Visit the International Spy Museum on the second Friday of the month, from 6 to 11 p.m., for the Spy at Night experience, which provides visitors with exclusive, after-hours access to the museum's permanent collection and an evening full of intrigue, deception and cocktails."
- Pricing: General admission to the museum is $19.95. Operation Spy at Night admission is an additional $14.95. A combination of a general admission ticket and access to Operation Spy at Night is $27.95.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday at the Burke United Methodist Church, Burke; and 3 p.m. Sunday at The Lyceum in Alexandria
- Why Go: The official chamber orchestra of the United States Air Force is offering two free local concerts this weekend for your enjoyment.
- Pricing: That's the best part - it's free!
- Where/When: Tea starts at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Green Spring Gardens, Annandale
- Why Go: Annandale might be a little bit out of the way for McLean residents, but any fan of the hit BBC series Downton Abbey surely won't want to miss this event where fans series will enjoy a full English tea while discussing Edwardian era fashion, food, manners and customs.
- Pricing: $27 per person, reservations required
- Where/When: Chores start at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Claude Moore Colonial Farm in McLean
- Why Go: "Assist the Colonial Farm family in their preparations for the cold months ahead by helping to repair fences, clearing brush, “pitching” the house as well as indoor chores like learning to spin wool for yarn and preserving the last of the gardens bounty. Fun and educational event for families and small groups."
- Pricing: Adults are $3, children can participate for $2
- Where/When: The show starts at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- Why Go: According to the Kennedy Center's website, "A queen falls from grace as her unfaithful king plots to bring his mistress to the throne. The golden age of Italian bel canto opera shines with dark reflections in Donizetti's moving retelling of Anne Boleyn's tragedy starring Sondra Radvanovsky."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $25 to $300
What are your weekend plans? If you care to share in the comments section, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.