Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 23. School offices will open on time.
The school system announced that the following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled for Wednesday:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- all adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
Thursday will see a 20 percent chance of afternoon snow showers and a high of around 25 in McLean, according to the latest forecast from the National Weather Service.
To report an outage to Dominion Virginia Power or check the status of an outage, click here or call 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357).
More from McLean Patch:
- Flight Cancellations, Delays Continue at Reagan National, Dulles on Wednesday
- Deep Freeze Timeline: When Will McLean Warm Up?
- Photo Gallery: Snow Day in Virginia and Washington
- Hundreds of Flights Cancelled, Delayed Tuesday at Reagan National, Dulles International Airports
- Dig it, McLean: Fairfax County Offers Snow Shoveling Tips
- Schools Dip Into Makeup Days for Weather Cancellations