Maybe it's a sign of economic recovery - or just our desire for quick, tasty and inexpensive meals - that the following new restaurants (and a speciality food store) are calling McLean home.
Chipotle, 6707 Old Dominion Dr.
- Earlier this summer, this restaurant announced it would open later this year.
- This Tex-Mex style restaurant is known for it's large burritos and tacos. Salads and burrito bowls are also available. Here's a link to the restaurant's online menu.
- A second McLean location is located in Tysons Corner Center.
- At a recent McLean Planning Committee meeting, residents expressed concerns about parking at Chipotle. The lot tends to get very crowded during peak times.
Harry & David, opening soon in Tysons Corner Center
- This speciality food store is famous for their packaged pears from the Pacific Northwest.
- They also sell pepper jelly, smoked salmon and Moose Munch.
- It will be located on the first level of the mall.
- Here's a link to the store's website.
BGR The Burger Joint, in Tysons Corner Center
- This burger restaurant opened in later summer.
- If you're in the mood for beef, this is your place.
- Here's a link to the restaurant's menu, which also includeds turkey and veggie burger options.
Mixing Bowl, in Tysons Corner Center
- This new restaurant walk-up specializes in Korean food, including bibimbap, ssam and Korean tacos.
- If you're a little unsure about what exactly bibimbap is, the online menu offers a simple explanation. (Hint: It's just warm raice, meat and sauce topped with a fried egg.)
- The rest of the menu is online, too.
- The restaurant is located on the mall's first level.
In non-food related new business news, Spanx, which specializes in shapers and undergarments, and a Washington Nationals Team Store are also planned to open soon in Tysons Corner Center.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this article incorrectly reported Chipotle opened earlier this year.