The governing board of the McLean Community Center is scheduled to adopt the fiscal year 2014 budget on Thursday. The board will hold a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. and vote during a meeting following the hearing.
A copy of the full budget proposal is available on the community center's website.
Proposed expenses for fiscal year 2014 total $5.8 million, about $850,000 less than expenditures during the 2013 fiscal year. The total proposed budget, including personnel costs, for fiscal year 2014 is $2.99 million, up approximately $100,000 from the 2013 budget.
Highlights of the proposed budget include:
- $703,297 in expenses for facilities services (down from $877,909 in FY 2013)
- $451,542 in expenses for special events (down from $484,482 in FY 2013)
- $459,229 in expenses for youth (down from $478,761 in FY 2013)
- $1,131,664 in expenses for performing arts (up from $1,048,949 in FY 2013)
- $931,207 in expenses for administrative services (down from $961,769 in FY 2013)
The board meets at the McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Ave.