Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean Police District, which includes Merrifield, Dunn Loring, Falls Church, McLean, Tysons Corner, and Great Falls, during the week ending Dec. 12.
- DIRECTED PATROL, 12/8/12. McLean Police District officers searched the area for drunk drivers. One driver was arrested for DWI. Twenty summonses and 22 warnings were issued.
- BURGLARY, 2600 block of Manhattan Place, 3:20 p.m. 12/7/12 A resident reported someone entered the home and stole a wallet. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
- ASSAULT, 2900 block of Dover Lane, 12:20 a.m. 12/9/12. A 23-year-old victim reported she was walking home when an unknown man grabbed her from behind and brandished a knife. She screamed and the suspect fled. She was not injured.
- *Police Investigate Reported Abduction in Falls Church Area
- Cash stolen from business on Arlington Boulevard
- Jewelry stolen from vehicle on Ballentrae Farm Drive
- Cell phone stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Purse and wallet stolen from vehcile on Churchill Road
- Rims stolen from vehicle on Crianza Place
- Christmas ornaments stolen from residence on Dartford Drive
- Watch stolen from business on District Avenue
- Purse stolen from vehicle on Georgetown Pike
- Audio video mixer and wireless microphone stolen from busines son Hartland Road
- Pens stolen from business on International Drive
- Merchandise stolen from business on International Drive
- Beer stolen from business on Lee Highway
- GPS and cell phone stolen from vehicle on Lee Land Drive
- License plates stolen from vehicle on McLean Drive
- Cash stolen from business on Old Gallows Road
- Phone case stolen from business in Tysons Corner Center
- Cell phone stolen from business in Tysons Corner Center
- Package stolen from residence on West Glen Drive
- Bag of clothing stolen from vehicle on Woodley Road
Animal Control Division (Countywide)
- ANIMAL BITE, 9500 block of Kirkfield Road, 5 p.m. 12/10/12, A man was running on a path when he approached a woman walking a dog on a leash. The dog allegedly jumped and bit the victim on the arm. The Hound mix was routinely quarantined.
Would you like all the local McLean news delivered to your inbox every morning in one convenient email? (Think of it as the digital version of a daily newspaper). Sign up for the McLean Patch newsletter here. It's free and easy.