1. St. Jude Give thanks. Walk.
- When/Where: The walk starts at 8 a.m. Saturday at Tysons Corner Center 1961 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: "Join St. Jude supporters in the McLean community and in 90 cities nationwide to participate in the St. Jude Give thanks. Walk. to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. St. Jude is one of the leaders in the fight against deadly childhood diseases. It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude, and public donations provide more than 75% of our funding, so no family ever pays St. Jude for anything."
- Pricing: Registration to participate is free. Donations accepted.
2. Junior League of Northern Virginia’s 12th Annual The Enchanted Forest Holiday Extravaganza
- When/Where: The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at The Westin Tysons Corner, 7801 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church.
- Why Go: "Stroll through the whimsical forest of theme-decorated holiday trees and handmade gingerbread homes, have Georgetown Cupcakes & Cocoa with the Snow Fairy Princess or Breakfast and a Photo with Santa, enjoy a wine course and dessert tasting with Lost Creek Winery! The weekend-long festivities, presented by the Junior League of Northern Virginia featuring the Children’s Science Center and Kids in the Holiday Kitchen, include live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, themed crafts for children, gifts and holiday decorations for purchase, a live and silent auction, and more."
- Pricing: General admission is $12.
3. Mini Performance of The Nutcracker by The Washington Ballet
- When/Where: The show starts at 11 a.m. Saturday at 1961 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: "Come enjoy a mini-performance of the holiday must-see full of magic and marvels. Septime Webre’s critically acclaimed The Nutcracker transports us back in time to historic Washington, DC and stars George Washington as the heroic Nutcracker. See the mini-performance live at Tysons Corner Center right in front of Santa's set-up in Fashion Court, between Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom wings on level one."
- Pricing: Free to attend.
- When/Where: The show starts at 5 p.m. Sunday at The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW, Washington.
- Why Go: According to The Kennedy Center's website, "In the fourth season of its popular and unique "Essential" concert series, The Washington Chorus performs the music of legendary American composer Leonard Bernstein, featuring music from Candide--including the popular "Glitter and Be Gay" and "Make Our Garden Grow"--as well as choruses from West Side Story, Chichester Psalms, and much more."
- Pricing: Tickets range in price from $15 to $65.
- When/Where: The show starts at 8 p.m. Saturday at the McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Ave., McLean.
- Why Go: According to the MCC website, "Playful, engaging and so utterly charming that this is their third time at the Alden, Hot Club of San Francisco recreates the French Gypsy jazz of Django Reinhardt, Stéphane Grappelli and the Hot Club de France with original compositions and renditions of hot jazz classics. HCSF has a traditional Hot Club instrumentation of guitar, rhythm guitar (replacing drums), violin and upright bass."
- Pricing: Tickets are $25 or $18 for district residents.
What are your weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.