In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "" The arrest information in this article was supplied by the Fairfax County Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- "PHOTOS: Stop Hunger Now Packs 250K Meals" The event, held in McLean, also raised more than $62,500.
- "" Target, Kmart included in turkey day sales. Is it too early to start Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
- "I-495 Express Lanes to Open Saturday" At a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell says, "You see pavement. I see jobs.”
- "George Allen: 'No Intention of Running for Office Again'" Longtime politico from Mount Vernon tells Richmond Times-Dispatch it's time to get out of politics after Nov. 6 loss.
- "" New stores are opening and some existing stores are moving.
- "" Revenue necessary if Silver Line Phase 2 is going to be built, Airports Authority says.
- "Election 2012 Recap: How McLean Precincts Voted" While it was a close race in McLean, many precincts favored Democrats in 2012.
- "" Virginia joins Texas, other states in creating a petition to secede from the United States. At least two McLean residents have signed it.
- "Kent Gardens Elementary Needs Donations for School Auction" On Jan. 22, the Kent Gardens PTA is sponsoring an online auction. All proceeds will go directly to funding the education enrichment and support programs at the school.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: Bakery Cited for Seven Critical Health Violations" In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "Burger 21 Joins 'Fast Casual' Bandwagon in Tysons" This burger joint was founded by the owners of The Melting Pot Restaurants Inc.
- "Leonid Meteor Shower 2012: Viewing Tips" The Leonid meteor shower will peak Saturday and next Tuesday.
- "McLean Man Allegedly Molested Former Students." Fairfax County police charge 73-year-old resident with three counts of indecent liberties, one count of abduction for alleged contact with Potomac School students.
- " Police: Drivers Must Comply as Express Lanes Open." The lanes open Saturday morning, and cops say violators will be caught.
- "Compare Thanksgiving Turkey Prices Around McLean." Where are you buying your gobbler this holiday?
- "McLean Weekend Planner: Junior League Extravaganza, Jazz at MCC."
- 'Food for Trees' Food Drive Gives Back to McLean
- Campaign advisors talk candidly at VPAP forum at George Mason's Arlington campus.