In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "Poll: Should the McLean Community Center Serve as a Warming or Cooling Center?" In the event of a future power outage, the governing board of the McLean Community Center is considering opening the center's doors for McLean residents seeking relief from the extreme heat or cold.
- "McLean Crime Blotter: Sept. 20-26," A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police.
- "Obama Campaign Opens New McLean Office," Romney supporters campaigned for their candidate outside the new Obama office in McLean on Monday night.
- "," Registration is open for the Great Southeast ShakeOut.
- "Commutes Could Get Longer for HOV Drivers on I-66," A ramp connecting Interstate 66 to I-495 will close on Friday, Oct. 12.
- "Hickory Hill Hijinks Featured in 'Ethel' Trailer," New documentary about Ethel Kennedy, made by her daughter, to air 9 p.m. Oct. 18 on HBO.
- "Salona Task Force Wants Community Feedback," The group wants to know, "How do we enhance Salona’s value to the community today and for future generations?"
- "Virginia Motorists Warned to Watch Out for Deer," As hunting and deer mating seasons heat up, the animals wander to look for food, mates, safety.
- "," In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "Speak Out: Who Won the Presidential Debate?" Did the first presidential debate help or hurt Mitt Romney and Barack Obama? Tell us your thoughts.
- "McLean Citizens Association Weighs In on Schools Superintendent Search,"Group passed resolution Wednesday on hunt for new head of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- "Emergency Responders Fight Fire at Tysons Galleria," The ventilation system of a restaurant caught fire Friday.
- "MCA: Salt Levels in Scott's Run Killing Wildlife," McLean Citizens Association says nature preserve threatened by salty storm water trickling from the Beltway.