In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "Election 2012: What Your Neighbors Donated to Obama, Romney:" Look up your neighbor's contributions to the campaigns of President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney based on data from the Federal Elections Commission.
- "McLean Crime Blotter: Sept. 13-19:" A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police
- "Housing Prices Up in D.C. Area:" Sales prices of existing single-family homes continue to rise, according to new data.
- "Fall for the Book Festival Begins Wednesday:" The annual literary festival runs Wednesday to Sunday at venues across the region.
- "Cause and Manner of Death Revealed in Lewinsville Road Crash:" Cheri Cusumano of McLean died on Sept. 18 when her car swerved on Lewinsville Road, hit a tree and burst into flames.
- "Dominion Upgrades Infrastructure in McLean, Falls Church:" The upgrades will help shorten the length and diminish the scope of local power outages.
- "Fire Temporarily Displaces Nursing Home Residents:" Arleigh Burke Pavilion, located at 1739 Kirby Road in McLean, caught fire Thursday morning.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: T.G.I. Friday's, Panera Bread:" In this weekly column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports, published by the Virginia Department of Health.
- "Homes Selected for McLean Woman's Club Holiday Homes Tour:" The club will also host a holiday marketplace on Dec. 6.
- "No Charges for Driver Whose Car Hit, Killed McLean Man:" Douglas Foster Schneiderman, 51, was killed in July in East Hampton, N.Y. when a pick-up truck hit his Volvo SUV.
- "Community Center Board Approves New Budget, Dips Into Reserves:" The board voted to spend part of its reserve fund instead of raising the tax rate.