In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "McLean Crime Blotter: Oct. 4-10" A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police
- "Enter to Win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest" We're searching for the best Halloween Costume in America. Enter yourself or your kids for a chance to win $5,000.
- "Attack of the Squirrels: Protecting Your Pumpkins" Tips to avoid losing your pumpkin to hungry squirrels this fall.
- "Five to Bid for Silver Line Phase 2 Contracts" MWAA chooses design and construction finalists for rail from Reston Town Center to Loudoun County.
- "Election 2012: Absentee Polls Open in McLean" Polls opened at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Dolley Madison Community Library.
- "Ethel Kennedy Doc Debuts on HBO Thursday" The former Hickory Hill resident is the subject of a new documentary, which aired nationwide on Oct. 18.
- "McLean Shops Kick Off 'Care for Kids' Campaign" Help raise money for the Children's National Medical Center by shopping at your favorite local stores.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: Cafe Taj, Elevation Burger" In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "McLean Orthodontist Decks Out Office for Halloween" A regular trip to the dentist or orthodontist is scary enough for some people. But Orthodontist Deirdre Maull takes scary to a whole new level during Halloween.
- "Tysons Corner Is the New Downtown, Developers Say" Commercial developers showcased plans for new "live, work, play" communities in Tysons Corner.
- "Tysons Corner Traffic Will Ease Up, Developers Say" Reducing the need to travel by car — and available parking — are key to improving gridlock.