1. McLean 5K Run with the Warriors
- Where/When: Race starts at 8 a.m. Saturday at McLean Square on 6629 Old Dominion Dr.
- Why Go: This race raises money for the Wounded Warrior Transitional Housing Project, an awesome - and very local - cause. The proceeds are used to build transitional residences for wounded warriors in the Vinson Hall Retirement Community in McLean, home to more than 200 military officers and their spouses.
- Pricing: $40 for adults to participate - and it's free to just watch and cheer on the runners!
2. Tysons Library Book Sale
- Where/When: The sale starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church.
- Why Go: Looking to round out your book collection? If you don't mind used book, the prices at a library book sale can't be beat.
- Pricing: Book prices vary.
3. Chrysalis Vineyards 12th Annual Norton Wine & Bluegrass Festival
- Where/When: The event starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at 23876 Champe Ford Road, Middleburg.
- Why Go: Sip some wine. Listen to bluegrass music. Relax.
- Pricing: Admission is $20.
4. Community Service Opportunity - Pumpkin Unloading
- Where/When: The event runs all day on Saturday at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 8991 Brook Road, McLean
- Why Go: The church needs helps unloading pumpkins for their annual pumpkin patch. Doesn't it feel good lending a helping hand?
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: The show starts at 6 p.m. Sunday at The Kennedy Center in D.C.
- Why Go: According to The Kennedy Center's website, "The folk-rock duo, sisters Nerissa and Katryna Nields, plays a program of kid-friendly tunes that offer a fun and creative way to make and listen to music as a family."
- Pricing: Free!
Did we leave something off the list? What are your weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.