1. Harth Restaurant Bare Bones Beer Dinner
- When/Where: The dinner starts at 7 p.m. Friday and is scheduled to last until 10 p.m. at Harth Restaurant, 7920 Jones Branch Dr., McLean.
- Why Go: "Harth Restaurant proudly presents the first annual beer dinner with beers presented by Devil's Backbone Brewing Company. Enjoy five small plates paired with five beers."
- Pricing: The event is $65 per person.
2. Stop Hunger Now McLean
- When/Where: The event starts at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Lutheran Church of The Redeemer, 1545 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: "Hundreds of Northern Virginia volunteers will be participating in a community event at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer this Saturday. The one-day goal is to package 250,000 meals for Stop Hunger Now, an international hunger relief organization that coordinates the distribution of food and other life-saving aid to countries around the world. More than 25,000 people die of hunger-related causes every day, according to the nonprofit organization. Individuals, organizations and corporations interested in becoming sponsors or volunteering should call McLean’s Stop Hunger Now organizer Bob Hahne at 703-790-5319."
- Pricing: Free to participate.
3. Thanksgiving Wine Selection Festival
- When/Where: The event starts at noon Saturday at Chain Bridge Cellars 1351 Chain Bridge Road, McLean.
- Why Go: "What better way to pick your Thanksgiving wines than to have 15 different bottles to sample with plenty of roast turkey, stuffing, and cranberry relish? You'll sample perfect-for-Thanksgiving selections in every price range on tasting, great specials and featured wines, plenty of pre-dinner Thanksgiving nibbles, and expanded tasting hours for this free and fun afternoon."
- Pricing: Free to attend. Wine prices vary.
4. Sports Cards and Comic Book Show
- When/Where: The event starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at Crowne Plaza Hotel 1960 Chain Bridge Road, McLean
- Why Go: A ballroom full of dealers will be selling their collectibles such sports cards, sports autographs and memorabilia, as well as Gold, Silver , Bronze and Modern age comic books, and nonsports cards from the 1880's to the present.
- Pricing: Tickets are $3 to attend.
5. Holiday Bazaar and Coat Drive
- When/Where: The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Jo Ann Rose Gallery at the Reston Community Center, 1609 Washington Plaza, Reston.
- Why Go: The Fairfax County Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association is hosting this holiday bazaar and coat drive, which will include exhibits from local vendors with handmade crafts, gifts ready for puchase, and direct sales catalogs.
- Pricing: Free to attend.
Did we fail to mention an awesome event in your neck of the woods? Be sure to let your neighbors know about it in the comments section.