U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf announced in December that he would not seek re-election in the fall. The election to fill the open Congressional seat will be closely watched.
Republican candidates include Comstock, a delegate in the Virginia General Assembly who served as a senior aide to Wolf in the 1990s, and Frederick County Board of Supervisors chairman Richard Shickle.
Comstock's Manassas and Prince William County endorsements include:
- House Majority Whip Jackson Miller (R-50)
- Delegate Rich Anderson (R-51)
- Delegate David Ramadan (R-87)
- Gainesville Supervisor Pete Candland
- Fmr. Gainesville Supervisor John Stirrup
- Gainesville School Board Member Alyson Satterwhite
- Manassas GOP Chairman Steven Thomas
- Prince William Area Young Republican Chairman Stephen Spiker
- Virginia Black Conservative Forum President Terrence Boulden
"Barbara's record shows that she has an understanding of our issues and she's willing to fight for her constituents," said Gainesville Supervisor Pete Candland. "She's sponsored life-saving legislation to help stop the spread of Lyme disease, has taken on the serious issue of human trafficking and has helped create more in-state spots for our undergraduates looking to stay in Virginia,"
Four Democrats are also running in U.S. House District 10: Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust; Richard Bolger, a small business owner and attorney; Leesburg architect Sam Kubba; and former Marine Corps Capt. David Wroblewski.