The race to fill Virginia's 10th Congressional District seat just added a socially conservative name out of Prince William County.
U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf, a Republican, announced in December that he would not seek another term in office.
On Wednesday, Del. Bob Marshall announced he is entering the Republican Primary race, according to The Washington Post.
Marshall has made a name for himself in the Statehouse for controversial comments attacking gays and women who have had abortions. He has also received national attention for a push to consider creating a Virginia currency.
The rest of the GOP candidates include:
- Del. Barbara Comstock, Fairfax
- Richard Shickle, chairman of the Frederick County Board of Supervisors
- Stephen Hollingshead, an official in the administration of President George W. Bush
- Marc Savitt, head of the National Association of Independent Housing Professionals
- Howie Lind, a former Pentagon official and lobbyist
- Rob Wasinger, the Republican aide to a Kansas congressman
In the Democratic Primary Race:
- Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust
- Richard Bolger, a small business owner and attorney
- Leesburg architect Sam Kubba
- Retired Marine Corps Capt. David Wroblewski.