The following information was provided by the Fairfax County Police Department. Where an arrest is mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. Some entries have been edited to conform to Patch's ethical standards.
BURGLARY, 7300 block of Dartford Drive, 9/20/13. A resident reported someone entered the home and took jewelry, personal property and cash. Forced entry was made through a door.
BURGLARY, 900 block of Mackall Avenue, 9/23/13. A resident reported confronting an intruder inside the home. Forced entry was made through a door. Suspect description was unavailable.
ROBBERY, 7500 block of Leesburg Pike, 9/23/13, 8:35 a.m. A 41-year-old woman was walking when she passed a man. The man grabbed her purse and fled on foot. The suspect was described as in his 20s, about 6 feet tall.
- 1400 block of Balls Hill Road, license plates from vehicle
- 7400 block of Fairwood Lane, cash from residence
2500 block of Fowler Street, barbeque grill from residence
- 2200 block of Gallows Road, cigarettes from business
- 2700 block of Gallows Road, tools from business
- 2900 block of Gallows Road, wallet from business
- 6500 block of Georgetown Pike, cell phone from school
- 7900 block of Jones Branch Drive, electronic device from business
- 8300 block of Leesburg Pike, cell phone from business
- 8600 block of Pepperdine Drive, camera from residence
- 1200 block of Perry William Drive, checks from residence
- 2200 block of Pimmit Run Lane, laptop bag and passport from business
- 8000 block of Tysons Corner Center, cell phone from business