The following incident information was obtained from the Activity Reports provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
Fairfax County Police reported the following incidents in the McLean Police District between Monday and Friday (March 11 - 15). (See a map of the district here.)
Addresses listed indicate block numbers, not necessarily a specific address. Where arrests are mentioned, they do not indicate a conviction.
UPDATE - FATAL CRASH, Gallows Road/Prosperity Avenue, 9:50 p.m. Mrach 6. A pedestrian was crossing Gallows Road not at the intersection. She was struck by a vehicle and the driver waited and called the police. The pedestrian died at a local hospital. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors. The pedestrian has been identified as Ai Ying Zhu, 53, of Falls Church. Read more here.
- 1600 block of Seneca Avenue, gun from residence
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, cell phone from business
- 8100 block of Tysons Corner Center, purse from business
- 8600 block of Westwood Center Drive, electronic device and laptop from business
- 2800 block of Merrilee Drive, cash from business
- 7800 block of Tysons Corner Center, computer from business
- 8500 block of Leesburg Pike, cell phone from business
- 1900 block of Prout Place, tools from vehicle
- 8000 block of Reserve Way, gun from vehicle
- 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, merchandise from business
- 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue, items from residence
- 2100 block of Powhatan Street, diamond rings from business
- 2600 block of Prosperity Avenue, cooper from construction site
- West Falls Church Metro Rail Yard, generator from construction site
- 8600 block of Lee Highway, 2005 Ford F750
- 8100 block of Strawberry Lane, Nissan Pathfinder
- 8500 block of Leesburg Pike, Mercedes C300
For more crime news, check out the McLean Patch police and fire section here.