Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean area during the week ending Sept. 12.
7000 block of Haycock Road, 9/12/12, 4:45 p.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash and a laptop computer. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
- Money and sunglasses stolen from vehicle on Baron Road
- Camera stolen from vehicle on Benjamin Street
- Two incidents of wallets stolen from businesses on Chain Bridge Road
- Hat stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Bicycle stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Three pairs of sunglasses stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
Animal Control Division — Countywide
Maltreated Animal 12700 block of Pinecrest Road, 9/6/12, 6 p.m. A resident captured a dog running at large. They were concerned for the welfare of the Cocker Spaniel, so Animal Control officers responded. The owner, Jennifer Taylor, 44, was located and charged with unlicensed dog, dog running at large and inadequate care.