.

McLean Woman Dies from Injuries Sustained in December Fire

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue confirmed the death on Tuesday.

A 90-year-old woman has died from injuries she received in a December fire. Patch file photo
A 90-year-old woman has died from injuries she received in a December fire. Patch file photo

A 90-year-old woman who was injured in a December house fire in McLean has died, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department announced Tuesday.

Marguerite Louise Moran, 90, of 1903 Westmoreland St., McLean, died Jan. 9, 2014, from injuries sustained in a house fire, Dec. 26, 2013, the fire department stated in a news release on Tuesday.

Moran died due to smoke inhalation, a medical examiner has determined.

Firefighters arrived to find a number of pets in the home the day of the blaze. Six cats were dead, though emergency responders were able to rescue a dog and cat, which were treated at an animal hospital and released.

The fire's cause has been deemed accidental, originating in an oven control assembly, officials said at the time.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »