1. Budget totals $2.4 billion, an increase of 9 percent, or $202.3 million, from the FY 2012 Approved Budget.
2. Proposed budget includes 721.3 new positions, most of which are being added because the student population is projected to be 181,608 in FY 2013.
3. A 2 percent market-scale adjustment for all employees, along with a step increase for eligible employees.
4. A pay raise for 1,300 custodians the only group of school employes not paid at market level.
5. This year’s plan returns some programs lost in the past few years, including longer teacher contracts, the expansion of foreign language programs and a small-scale version of summer school.
Superintendent Jack Dale presented the budget to the school board Thursday night. Next step: public hearings.
A full account of the proposed budget.
By the Numbers: FCPS proposed budget