Fairfax County Public Schools are opening on a two-hour delay this morning due to snow that fell overnight.
According to the FCPS website this morning:
- Morning preschool (special education) classes are canceled.
- Afternoon preschool (special education) classes start on their regular schedule.
- Full-day preschool (special education) and Family and Early Childhood Education Program/Head Start classes start two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- SACC centers will be open by 7:15 a.m.
- Morning transportation for high school academy classes is canceled.
- Adult and community education classes will start on time.
Federal employees have the option for unscheduled telework or unscheduled leave today.
Falls Church City Public Schools are operating on a normal schedule, according to the school district's twitter account.
Snow showers began after midnight Thursday and continued on and off throughout the night. The sun is expected to peek out by 10 a.m. with temperatures rising to 29 this afternoon. Winds will come from the northwest, bringing the wind chill down into the teens all day.
Check here for winter weather driving tips before you hit the roads this morning.