A playoff game between the Steelers and the Ravens deserves more than just finger food. Much more.
I was first introduced to wine burgers while living in Brooklyn last summer. I'm usually not a burger girl, but a diner a couple blocks away from my apartment hooked me.
For this recipe, you can use beef, turkey, or any other kind of burger meat. I just happened to have elk in my freezer and wanted to use it. I'm using a skillet to cook the burgers, but you can use a grill if you'd like. I'm also serving the sliders Pittsburgh-style with fries on top. This is also optional, but I like Alexia Yukon Gold from the freezer section.
Here's what you need:
- 1 pound burger meat
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Small hamburger buns
- Fries for serving (optional)
Here's what you do:
- Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape small patties and place in skillet coated with cooking spray or oil.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes each side, or longer depending on size of the patty.
- Serve with fries on top.
- Grab a Yuengling and enjoy!
Let's go Steelers!!