1. Free Wine Tastings
- When/Where: and
- Why Go: What better way to unwind on the weekend than with a little wine? Even better, it's free! Taste a variety of varietals before picking your favorite.
- Pricing: The tastings are complimentary.
- When/Where: The workshop starts at noon Saturday at Elegant Dancing, 245 Maple Ave W, Vienna. All dancing levels can attend the noon workshop. A beginners class starts at 12:50 p.m.
- Why Go: Dancing With the Stars - the All-Star Season - is gearing up for the fall television line-up, and, if you're so inspired, you can take up the pastime yourself.
- Pricing: $15 for one class, $25 for two and $30 for all three levels
- When/Where: The show starts at 8 p.m. Sunday at the Filene Center, Wolf Trap, in Vienna.
- Why Go: According to the Wolf Trap website, this show is a "worldwide phenomenon featuring 28 ’80s classic rock tunes from Journey, Night Ranger, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, and many more."
- Pricing: Tickets start at $25.
- When/Where: The show starts at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Millennium Stage at
- Why Go: According to the Kennedy Center's website, "Celebrating one year of Huffington Post D.C., the Top 5 brings together some of D.C.’s finest in comedy, storytelling, sideshow, music, and more."
- Pricing: The show is free.
- When/Where: The movie start at 8 p.m. Friday at 312 Park Ave., Falls Church.
- Why Go: Friday night's feature film is "The Muppets." "Moviegoers are invited to bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnics and watch three great movies under the stars. Popcorn, candy, and drinks will be available for purchase."
- Pricing: Free to attend.
What are your weekend plans? If you care to share, please do. Maybe we'll see you there.