Claude Moore Colonial Farm
Claude Moore Colonial Farm is a privately operated National Park where visitors take a self-guided tour through a re-creation of a 1771 farm. The ''farm family" answers questions about the animals, activities and buildings, and guests are invited to help with the chores.
Because the farm is small, it is easy to see in an hour, making it a perfect outing for young children with short attention spans. There are picnic tables outside the GateHouse Shop for those that want to bring a lunch or snack.
Three times each year, a very popular Market Fair is held, with vendors offering food, drink and handicrafts. Though the entrance fee is a bit higher, everyone enjoys the live entertainment and the chance to participate in games and crafts.
Open from April through the middle of December, Claude Moore Colonial Farm offers special programs for those who want to learn 18th century skills. The really adventurous can sign up for an overnight visit in which participants sleep in cotton tents and cook over an outdoor fire.
- Hours: April through mid-December: Wed - Sun, 10am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Gravel walkways are accessible by wheelchair unless the walkway is very wet.
- Ticket information: Adults, $3; children 3 to 12, seniors 60+, $2
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Restrictions: No pets
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Wed - Sun, 10am - 5pm (April through mid-December)
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Family, Individual