Nestled on a 90-acre campus, the Potomac School looks more like a college than a secondary school. Students can spend their years in kindergarten through twelfth grade at this private school.
Potomac is divided into four separate schools. The campus includes three libraries, three gyms, a performing arts center, tennis courts, squash courts and a football stadium. Potomac believes that nature is the best teacher and has developed a special environmental program for students. Potomac runs its own school bus system.
- Hours: Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:10am - 3:15pm. Sports and activities for grades 9-12: Mon - Fri, 3:15pm - 6pm.
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps and ground level entry.
- Founding Date: 1904
- Number of students: 1,000
- Male-to-female ratio: 50:50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 149
- What makes this community special?: Students, teachers and parents. Their commitment to the environment, diversity and community service.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-12
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Environment program, theater, tutoring Latino youngsters and youngsters who are homeless, staying overnight in a homeless shelter, making sandwiches for a homeless shelter
- Sports teams: 61 teams in 21 sports
- Uniforms: No
- Boarding: No