UPDATE 5:40pm. Nearly 75,300 Fairfax County customers out of nearly 400,000 remain without power for the third day, according to the Dominion Power website.
In McLean, an estimated 8,200 customers are still waiting for power restoration while more than 2,000 McLean residents have had their power return in the past 24 hours, according to the website.
The power company is working with VDOT and the county to remove trees that fell on power lines during Friday night's violent storm.
"We have not seen anyone until today," said Susan Rees of the Churchill community as she watched county crews remove the top half of a huge Chestnut tree that had crashed in power lines leaving Rees and her neighbors without power. Friday night.
The Dominion Power website says today what it said yesterday:
Dominion Virginia Power expects to restore service to 80-85 percent of customers whose power was disrupted by two days of severe storms by Tuesday night; 90-95 percent of affected customers by Thursday night, and virtually all remaining customers by Saturday night.
The hardest hit communities:
- 709 customers along Spring Hill Road near Old Dominion Drive
- 278 customers around Spring Hill Road and Lewinsville Road.
- 1,051 in communities near the Beltway and Swinks Mill Road
- 1.077 in the L'Ambiance community along Kirby Road near Old Dominion Drive.
- 571 near Great Falls and Kirby Road.
- 338 near Towlston and Route 7.
Dominion Power also lists locations where crews were working today. Several McLean locations were listed earlier in the day.
Here is the latest list for Fairfax County:
- Barkley Dr south of Arlington Blvd
Braddock Rd & Powell Dr
Burrows Ave & Orchard St
Bushman Dr & Valentino Dr
Cedar Ln & Idylwood Rd
Chestnut St off Main St
Fair Lakes Pkw and Fair Crest Ct
Fairfax Blvd N of Eaton Pl
Fairfax Station Rd and Smoke Rise Lane
Mcarthur Ave near Beulah Rd & McKinley St.
Olde Forge Ct
Piney Branch Rd and Lee Hwy
Random Hills Rd
Rosehaven St at Chain Bridge Rd
- Twinbrook Rd and Braddock Rd
Twinbrook Rd mear Bradddpcl Rd
Woodburn Rd south of Tobinn Rd
Here is the list for earlier in the day, according to Dominion:
- Great Falls St & Tyndale St
- Great Falls St N or Kirby Rd
- Hickory Hill Ave
- Kirby Rd & Cottonwood St
- Kirby Rd W of McFall Pl
- Langley High School at Georgetown Pike
- Linwood Pl
- Mary Ellen Ct
- Old Chainbridge Rd near Ballantree & Rt 193
- Old Chesterbrok Road at Macon St
- Old Dominion Dr
- On Melrose Dr near Pinehill R
- Purdue Pl
- Ridge Dr & Sunny Hill Ct
- Rt 123 & Kirby Rd
- Saigon Rd
- Sea Cliff Rd
- Turkey Run Rd
- Turkey Run Rd & Kedleston Ct
- Valleywood & Kensington St
- Waggaman Cir & Julia Ave
- Wemberley Way & Lawton St
Here is the status of power in McLean neighborhoods as of 11:15 am Monday.
Communities where power has been restored, according to our readers:
- Power was restored to the McLean Province Circle community just before 10 pm Monday night. This is at the corner of Kirby Road and Great Falls Street"
- McLean Hamlet at 8:30 Monday
- Wilshire at McLean
- McLean Hills
- McLean Park Manor Court
- The Westerlies
- Colonies Complex
- Dolley Madison Apartments (a few minutes before 11 p.m. Sunday)
- Madison of McLean (Saturday afternoon)
- Langley Farms
- Broyhill-McLean Estates
- Broyhill-Glen Gary Park
- Commons of McLean (at least the townhouses at the corner of Anderson and Chain Bridge)
- Potomac Hills -- with the exception of "Kellogg, Hardy, Lochraven and off-shoots" -- has power as of 9:30 pm Saturday.
- Linway Park Drive off of Linway Terrace
- The very end of Maddux Lane off of Chesterbrook Road (The beginning of Maddux has power but not the end near the cul de sac)
- Chain Bridge Court
- El Nido/ Birch Road
- Dead Run Drive area
- Barbee Street
- Marlboro/Nantucket neighborhood off Kirby Road
- Evans Farm (as of 1:35 am Sunday)
Communities where there is still no power:
- The Regency has power.
- Loch Raven and half of Potomac Hills. A downed power line in the 6200 block of Loch Raven.
- The Crosswoods neighborhood (upper Poole Land and Pine Creek Court streets), located off Westmoreland between Kirby/Westmoreland intersection and Little Leage Baseball Field
- Major damage on power lines and poles on Lemon Road
- Ingleside Ave near Community Center and Library
- L'Ambiance of Mclean on Kirby between Great Falls and Westmoreland
- Greenway Heights. "And judging from the mangled mess of wires on springhill and then again on 193...I'm not feeling optimistic," one reader said.
- Devon Park- Mcfall Street.
- The Heather Hill subdivision
- Wood side
- Mclean Hunt
- Franklin Park
- McLean 100
- Swinks Mill Court
- Hamlet between Swinks Mill and Titania Still
Please let us know your status through our Facebook page or in the comments.